Upcoming in Rocheport, Mo.
Sara Parker Pauley – A New Voice for Missouri Conservation
Presentation by Sara Parker Pauley, Director of Mo. Dept. of Conservation
We’ll be welcoming Columbia native Sara Parker Pauley, the new director of the Mo. Department of Conservation, to share her vision for 21st century conservation in Missouri.
Time and Place
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro
View on map
Presentation Sara Parker Pauley, Director of Mo. Dept. of Conservation
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
- 7 p.m. presentation
- lower level of the Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro in Rocheport, MO
- Map and Directions
Please NOTE – The Les Bourgeois Bistro restaurant is no longer open on Tuesdays. The bar will be open during our presentation. You can always get a sandwich before the talk at the beautiful A-Frame Next Door!
Presentation is FREE and open to the public!
In reality, Sara Pauley is not a NEW voice for conservation. As the former Director of the Mo. Dept. of Natural Resources and board member of Conservation Federation of Missouri and Missouri River Relief, she has been a leader in natural resource protection for many years.
From her home near Claysville, MO, a stone’s throw from the Missouri River, Pauley is deeply passionate about nature in Missouri. As a skilled hunter and angler, she knows what she’s talking about and the value of what she is charged with protecting.
Last fall, after six years heading DNR, Pauley took the helm of the Mo. Dept. of Conservation. She is the first woman to head that agency since its founding 79 years ago. Pauley will share her story of loving Missouri’s outdoors, and her vision for the future of Missouri conservation.
- 14020 W. Hwy BB, Rocheport, MO
- Take I-70 to the Rocheport, MO, exit (Exit #115). It’s the first exit east of the Missouri River.
- Head north toward Rocheport.
- After about a mile, turn left at the sign for Les Bourgeois Bistro. Follow the signs to the Bistro. You will probably need to park in the lot above the Bistro and walk the trail down.
- The presentations are held in upstairs in the restaurant. The restaurant is no longer open on Tuesdays but the bar is! You are welcome to bring your own food or snacks.
Resources & Links
Dig deeper for more info on this topic.
- ARTICLE – “Sara Parker Pauley named to lead Department of Conservation” – Sept. 28, 2016, Columbia Missourian
- ARTICLE – “Sara Parker Pauley – A trailblazer for conservation” – HER Magazine, January 9, 2017
- ARTICLE – “Outgoing DNR Director reflects on tenure” – October 6, 2016 – Columbia Tribune
The Big Muddy Speaker Series in Rocheport
is hosted by these wonderful partners.
Special thanks to Les Bourgeois Vineyards for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful space overlooking the Missouri River. All speakers are presenting for free! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with us!
The Big Muddy Speaker Series also takes place monthly in Kansas City and St. Charles.
The Big Muddy Speaker Series is partially funded by the Mo. Dept. of Conservation.