Upcoming in Rocheport, Mo.
Show & Tell – Big Muddy Clean Sweep
presentation by Steve Schnarr, Missouri River Relief
Missouri River Relief is now in the middle of it’s 2014 Big Muddy Clean Sweep – two months of river clean-ups and education along the river from Brunswick to Hermann, MO. River Relief Program Manager Steve Schnarr will share some videos and stories from past years’ experiences on the Big Muddy, and share how you can get involved this fall.
Time and Place
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro
View on map
Presentation by Steve Schnarr, Missouri River Relief
Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014
7 p.m. presentation
lower floor of the Les Bourgeois Vineyards Bistro in Rocheport, MO (directions below)
If you intend on coming early to purchase an amazing dinner at Les Bourgeois Bistro before the presentation, PLEASE call to make a reservation at: 573-698-2300
NOTE – This presentation is the THIRD Tuesday of the month. Next month we’ll return to our normal second Tuesday schedule.
Presentation is FREE and open to the public!
After a two month hiatus due to the Missouri River 340, the Rocheport Big Muddy Speaker Series returns!
Since 2001, Missouri River Relief has been organizing volunteers to clean-up the Missouri River. Nearly 20,000 volunteers that is. By working together, they’ve removed more than 1 1/2 million pounds of junk from the banks and floodplain of the river. As you can imagine, they’ve got some pretty good stories to tell about their adventures.
River Relief is now in the middle of it’s 2014 Big Muddy Clean Sweep – two months of river clean-ups and education along the river from Brunswick to Hermann, MO. River Relief Program Manager Steve Schnarr will share some videos and stories from past years’ experiences on the Big Muddy, and share how you can get involved this fall.
- 14020 W. Hwy BB, Rocheport, MO
- Take I-70 to the Rocheport, MO, exit (Exit #115). It’s the first exit east of the Missouri River.
- Head north toward Rocheport.
- After about a mile, turn left at the sign for Les Bourgeois Bistro. Follow the signs to the Bistro. You will probably need to park in the lot above the Bistro and walk the trail down.
- The presentations are held in upstairs in the restaurant. The restaurant is no longer open on Tuesdays but the bar is! You are welcome to bring your own food or snacks.
Resources and Links
Here’s some links for more cool River Relief stuff:
- Missouri River Relief website
- Big Muddy Clean Sweep 2014 homepage – links to event info, signups and results
- Check out links, results, photos, videos and more from our 2011 Big Muddy Clean Sweep.
- River Notes: The Missouri River Relief Blog
- River Relief media archive – videos, articles and more
- Missouri River MegaScout blog
- Missouri Stream Team 25th Anniversary Blog
- Results from Missouri River Relief clean-ups
- “Big River Clean-ups Manual” by Missouri River Relief staff
The Big Muddy Speaker Series in Rocheport
is hosted by these wonderful partners.
- Missouri River Relief
- Friends of Big Muddy
- Columbia Fish & Wildlife Conservation Office (USFWS)
- Les Bourgeois Vineyards
- Big Muddy National Fish & Wildlife Refuge
Special thanks to Les Bourgeois Vineyards for giving us the opportunity to use their beautiful space overlooking the Missouri River. All speakers are presenting for free! Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with us! Click here for a list of upcoming presentations» The Big Muddy Speaker Series also takes place monthly in Kansas City and St. Charles.