Upcoming in St. Charles, Mo.
Retracing the Lewis and Clark Historic Trail
Presentation by Brad Winn, Lewis & Clark Historic Site
Follow along the Missouri River in the footsteps of Meriwether Lewis and William Clark as Brad Winn, site manager for Lewis and Clark Historic Site, retells the history of the expedition by retracing his own journey of discovery along the Lewis and Clark Trail in 2012.
Time and Place
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Big A's on the Riverfront
View on map
Presentation by Brad Winn, Camp Dubois Lewis & Clark Historic Site
Wednesday, January 8, 2018
6. p.m. Social Hour at Big A’s on the Riverfront
7:00 p.m. Presentation
At Big A’s on the Riverfront (in the back room)
308 N Main St. – St Charles, MO
Presentation is FREE and open to the public!
Hosted by Greenway Network
Brad Winn is the site manager for the Lewis & Clark Historic Site, a museum in Illinois celebrating the legacy of Camp Dubois, the overwintering site for the Corps of Discovery as they prepared for their cross-continental exploration up the Missouri River in 1804.
Follow along the Missouri River in the footsteps of Meriwether Lewis and William Clark as Brad retells the history of the expedition by retracing his own journey of discovery along the Lewis and Clark Trail in 2012. Combing the history of their journey, see iconic locations along the Lewis and Clark trail and learn of the current state of the Missouri River as it relates to their story. The talk will inspire you to chart your own path to the West!
Brad Winn has a BA in History from Eastern Illinois University, MA in History from Georgia Southern University and is an Adjunct Faculty Instructor at Lewis and Clark Community College, teaching US History and Computer Literacy. He is the site manager for the Lewis & Clark Historic Site in Hanford, IL.
To Big A’s on the Riverfront, our host for the Speaker Series.
To get there from I-70
- Take I-70 to exit 229B – the 5th St. Exit
- Merge onto 5th St. headed north toward St. Charles.
- After about 1 mile, turn right on Monroe St.
- Turn left onto N. Main St.
- Big A’s will be on your right (308 N. Main St.) Additional parking is available in the rear.
- View on Google Maps.
Resources and Links
Dig deeper for more info on this subject.
- Website for Lewis and Clark Historic Site (Camp Dubois)
- VIDEO – about Lewis & Clark Historic Site
- VIDEO – from “Illinois Adventure”
- ARTICLE – “Camp River Dubois: Lewis and Clark history starts here” – by Gary Garth, USA Today, Sept. 30, 2017
- An interview with Brad Winn
The Big Muddy Speakers Series in St. Charles
is hosted by these wonderful partners:
All speakers are presenting for free and Big A’s is sharing the space for free! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us!
A special thank you to Greg Poleski of Greenway Network for making this happen!