Upcoming in St. Charles, Mo.
Connecting people to the Missouri River and its Valley
Presentation by Dan Burkhardt, author and Director of Katy Land Trust
Dan Burkhardt has made it his life mission to promote the Missouri River Valley as a destination and as a cultural identity. He’ll share some of his visionary ideas on tying together Missouri River communities in the last 100 miles of the river
Time and Place
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Big A's on the Riverfront
View on map
Presentation by Dan Burkhardt, author and director of Katy Land Trust
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
6. p.m. Social Hour at Big A’s on the Riverfront
7:00 p.m. Presentation
At Big A’s on the Riverfront (in the back room)
308 N Main St. – St Charles, MO
Presentation is FREE and open to the public!
Hosted by Greenway Network
Dan Burkhardt and his wife Connie co-founded the Katy Land Trust in 2010 to educate and connect others to the value of the landscape along the Katy Trail. They have published “Missouri River Country”, “Growing Up with the River” and “Florida Bay Forever”, all beautiful coffeetable books with conservation themes. The Burkhardts operate the Peers Store along the Katy Trail near Marthasville as a “conservation outpost” to welcome Trail visitors.
Dan will also be discussing the Missouri River Bluffs development proposal near Weldon Springs. Dan was a leader in public opposition to the plan, which involves purchasing land from the University of Missouri for a subdivision development on the bluffs overlooking the Katy Trail and Missouri River. The development was approved by the St. Charles County Council in June.
To Big A’s on the Riverfront, our host for the Speaker Series.
To get there from I-70
- Take I-70 to exit 229B – the 5th St. Exit
- Merge onto 5th St. headed north toward St. Charles.
- After about 1 mile, turn right on Monroe St.
- Turn left onto N. Main St.
- Big A’s will be on your right (308 N. Main St.) Additional parking is available in the rear.
- View on Google Maps.
Resources & Links
Dig deeper for more info on this topic:
- Katy Land Trust website
- “Growing Up with the River” – book by Dan & Connie Burkhardt with art by Bryan Haynes.
- “Missouri River Country” – book by Dan & Connie Burkhardt.
- FILM – “Where the Rivers Run” – KETC
- All the details on the proposed Missouri River Bluffs development near Weldon Springs.
- Weldon Woods website – a new community organization begun to continue fighting the rezoning of the Missouri River Bluffs proposed subdivision.
The Big Muddy Speakers Series in St. Charles
is hosted by these wonderful partners:
All speakers are presenting for free and Big A’s is sharing the space for free! Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us!
A special thank you to Greg Poleski of Greenway Network for making this happen!
The views and opinions expressed by our presenters do not necessarily reflect the view or policies of Greenway Network, the Big Muddy Speaker Series or any of the partners that support this public forum. The Big Muddy Speaker Series believes that hearing diverse perspectives is a crucial building block for an informed public.